Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Rock-n-roll!

The old beast, my pc, died -- again. I was in the middle of working 75 hours in a 7 day stretch. I was tired. I looked at it, and after messing with it, getting the rescue disc and trying to get windows to open up, I said, ugh, and started looking at the Best Buy (I would NEVER shop there!) and Circuit City's cinculars to get an idea of what is out there.

All I can say is WOW! There are some cool machines out there right now. I called my daughter and guided her online to further my search and I must say, Thank you Katie! I know I drove her nuts. Ha ha ha ... but I digress.

I have a feud with two retailers that hinder my electronic shopping experience. I refuse to buy anything from Best Buy and HP. Both have burned me badly. I informed both of those companies that they would lose much more than what they were screwing me for and believe me, just from me, myself, and I, they have. And hopefully my mouth yipping away to all who would listen has taken a few more dollars away the tricksters.

Consumers UNITE!

But again I digress. What can I say? I am sipping on my first cup of coffee.

The machine I finally settled on was a Gateway. Let me tell you it leaves most pcs in the dust! The processor? An AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-core and boost it with 6 gigs of DDR2 dual channel RAM And we're rocking. Oops. No we're not. What totally rocks is the 8-channel (7.1) high definition audio and now we're rocking. Unbelievable what this computer sounds like with my Bose speakers. I'm in heaven. Add a 640 gig DVD-RW optical drive, 15-1 memory card reader with Smart Copy (this is a cool feature), HD 3450 Video along with some other software and it doesn't get any better than this.

Well, yes it does. I am waiting for the rest of the electronic world to catch up with me and my 64 bit computer. Lots of software products still working on getting things up to par with 64 bit. But then again, I have enough working so that it's not a real difficult hardship.

Ahhhhh ...

And don't worry. I'm going to try to retrieve some items off my old computer and recycle it to my son. No garbage dump for ol' Betsy. I'm all good.

No comments: