Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Driving skills

It doesn't change. I go to a job to drive a truck and people lean up against the building with arms folded to watch me back into the dock.

Now I've got to be honest here. It has been over 10 years since I've driven and I was quite nervous myself, so it isn't helping having people 'check me out' at this stage of the game.

Come on ya'll! Give me a break! Come do this after a month or two, but I was dreaming. Tee hee.

Fortunately for me my skills were still right where I'd left them and I was backing into places like I'd just come back from vacation.

After a few days I had their respect. Alvin applauded me. Maria told me she cannot understand how I do such a difficult job and I have her utmost respect.

And the beat goes on.

Thanks Harold for encouraging me when I needed it! I love you!

No comments: