Saturday, November 19, 2005

The New Clinic

Hello all,
I know I've been gone a while. Starting a new job isn't easy. As a matter of fact, it's exhausting. The one thing about nursing is there are so many different types of jobs that starting a new one is like you never did it before. Almost. And I've never worked in a clinic before, so this is all brand new to me. And take the fact that everything is on paper and not computerized. Okay, so I've been spoiled, or they're way behind times, whatever the case may be, but I'm seeing first hand how much computers have helped in the medical field. Everything on paper is so cumbersome. But there is light at the end of the tunnel. The clinic has bought a program and one of the offices are up and running on it right now. The bad thing is that my office is the largest and is going to be the last one to get with things. But on the good side? By then all the bugs will be worked out.

But getting back to learning a new job here, lets take in the fact that 69% of the clients speak Spanish and 19% speak Creole. Oh boy. And I speak English. Ha ha ha ... That makes things even more difficult with this new job. But I'm here to tell you that I truly believe I'll be walking and talking Spanish fluently within a year. I really want to learn the language badly. Why wouldn't I? It's the first language I spoke until I was three or so years old. It is in my roots. Roots that I'm proud of.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting for my 'walking' legs to come back. Pretty please, please! My goodness my legs are killing me. I know it's good for me to be active like I am, but please come back oh walking legs of mine. My friend, Deb, attributes it to age. I'm not so sure I agree with her. I never had a problem when I worked at the hospital and that wasn't all that long ago.

No comments: